1. Property Protection
We make sure everything is protected and secured before we begin any roofing work which includes:
- Covering any outdoor furniture and moving anything that may be in the way of the project.
- Tarp any landscaping including bush and/or gardens.
- Review gutter protection to assure they are safe to being project.
- Move Equipter machine in place for easy collection when we start the shingle removal process.
2. Roof Removal
Removing a roof can be a daunting task, but with the right team, tools, and know-how, we make it look easy.
- We begin by removing any shingles or other materials that are covering the roof. Be sure to wear protective clothing and gloves to avoid injury.
- Once the roof is exposed, Ready Roof uses crowbars or pry bar to remove any nails or staples that are holding the roof down.
- We carefully lift the roof off of the house, being careful not to damage the underlying structure.
- Once the roof is removed, we dispose of it properly and safely.
3. Assess of Plywood / Replace Rotted Boards
If you have roofing boards that have rotted, it’s important to replace them with new plywood before continuing with your roofing project. Here’s how we do it:
- Remove the old, rotted boards. You can use a pry bar or crowbar to carefully remove them.
- Cut new plywood to fit the space where the old boards were. Make sure the new plywood is the same thickness as the old boards.
- Install the new plywood using roofing nails or screws. Make sure the new plywood is secure before continuing.
4. Waterproofing /Ice and Water Shield / Underlayment
When roofing, it is important to waterproof any plywood that is exposed to the elements. There are a few different ways to do this, and the best method will vary depending on the specific roofing project. One way to waterproof plywood is to use a sealant or primer before applying roofing materials.
5. New Shingle Installation
This process ensures that your new roof is properly protected from the elements when it comes to installing new shingles correctly.
- When we are ready to apply the new shingles. We start at the bottom of the roof and work our way up. Use a roofing nailer to apply the shingles.
- Once the new shingles are in place, we will need to apply roofing cement. This will help to seal the shingles in place.
- Finally, we will need to apply roofing paper. This will help to protect the shingles from UV rays.
By following these steps, we can be sure that your roof will be properly protected from the elements.
6. Clean up
Once we’ve concluded the shingle installation, the most important part is that we leave your property looking mint!
- As a team, we will collect all tarps that were used for protection and put any old roofing particles in our dump trucks.
- After all trash is collected, we inspect the property for any tools or other elements of the project.
- We will leave the property spotless and you can enjoy your brand new roof!
Why Choose Us?
We are a full-service roofing contractor serving Long Island, New York including all of Nassau & Suffolk counties.
We provide the following services:
- Roof Replacement
- Chimney Flashing
- Roofing Repairs
- Flat Roofing
- Gutter Installs